We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to discipline a cat
15 July 2014
How to discipline a cat
By Liz Jackson
Discipline is the term used when trning the behaviours of our pets to suit us and it is not uncommon for some of these techniques to have negative side effects on our pets, but the most important thing to bear in mind is that in order to trn the behaviours of our pets, we must first have the necessary skills to apply those trning methods.
A common cause of problems that we hear about are the trning methods we used. The more we understand the techniques used, the easier it is to pick them up. Some are quick to learn while others can take a lot of time and energy to understand. We must understand that the trning of a pet should always be a fun and rewarding experience.
The trning should always be a team effort with the owner, a professional trner or a vet. It may be that the pet may have had issues which need trning but the owner or the vet may have put them off. It is essential that a professional trner or the vet can provide information and assistance to owners on the right way to achieve success.
The trning of a cat is different from that of a dog in that cats tend to be less compliant and don’t like to follow instructions. The following article outlines some of the common methods and tips to successfully trn your cat.
1. The key thing to remember when trning your cat is that it is an independent creature. You cannot trn it just like you do your dog. As it is an independent creature, it will naturally do what is best for it and will do the things that it wants to do. It is up to the cat owner to find the right balance for it and be prepared to compromise.
2. As the cat is an independent creature, it will not always come when called, so trning a cat is more difficult than a dog. You must trn it to be more sensitive to your commands. A well trned cat has its own will and will not do what you want if it does not want to do it. You must trn it to respect your will and your instructions.
3. You should not use a shock collar to discipline your cat because it can be very harmful to it and it can also cause it to not want to come when called, which defeats the purpose of trning. You should use positive reinforcement only.
4. It is not acceptable to use a shock collar when trning your cat because the shock can cause it to become afrd of you. You must only use positive reinforcement only to trn your cat. The best way to use positive reinforcement is to prse the cat when it does something it is happy to do and use prse when it behaves in the way you want it to.
5. You should always use positive reinforcement when trning your cat. If the cat doesn’t come when called, you should prse it when it does. You should also use verbal commands and not physical ones when trning the cat.
6. A reward should be something your cat loves to do and that it will enjoy doing, such as being stroked or having food or drink. The reward must be something your cat will enjoy and will not object to. If the reward is something your cat enjoys doing then it will want to come when called.
7. It is very important to know that cats are independent creatures. You must teach them that you have a purpose in wanting them to do something, otherwise it will not do it. This is why you must make the trning fun and enjoyable for your cat.
8. You must ensure that your cat has something that it enjoys doing and is also rewarded for doing that activity. It is very important to make it fun for your cat.
9. You must not just teach your cat a single behaviour. You must teach it a variety of different behaviours. The cat should learn that the things it likes doing, it does for a purpose.
10. When trning a cat, it is essential to make sure that it gets enough exercise. If your cat is lazy, it will not want to do the things you want it to do.
11. When you trn your cat, you should use rewards as many times as necessary until it is coming when called.
12. Your cat should be given some time to think about the commands you give it. It should be trned so it is not so easily trned.
13. When you first begin to trn your cat, it may only come when called three to four times. As it learns its lessons, it will begin to be trned quicker.
14. Trning is a long process. It is not a one-day activity. It should be planned over a long period of time. This is important because it is important for your cat to feel valued and to feel safe and secure.
15. When you are trning your cat, you should always work on only one command at a time. It is important for it to understand what is being sd and not be distracted by other things.
16. When teaching your cat to use a litter tray, you must make sure you provide it with a clean area for it to do its business. This should be done when your cat is in a quiet and relaxed place.
17. Make sure that you don’t shout or be rough when you are trning your cat. It is important that you can be calm and quiet and make your cat feel safe. You must ensure that you don’t hit or use threats when trning your cat.
18. If you are going to trn your cat for a specific behaviour, make sure that you have done your homework beforehand. You must know if there are any special requirements you need to meet before you begin to trn it.
19. When you are trning your cat, make sure you don’t punish it when it doesn’t come when called. Punishment only makes your cat fearful.
20. It is very important that you do not punish your cat when it is not coming when called. It is your responsibility to make sure your cat does the things it is supposed to do. You should